Tuesday 25 April 2017

April Christmas Card


 
Good morning, its the 25th so time for my monthly Christmas card. Its a bit of a twofer this month, I made two cards using the Craft Plus Uk product of the month Wow Fab Foils. I am posting one today and one tomorrow as they are quite photo heavy. The card uses Sweet Dixie Snowflakes die, but you can do this technique with any die as long as its not too detailed. I found some Xcut ejection foam in the shop. This is supposed to be used inside dies to help the cardstock fall out after its been cut. If you had the original Quickutz machine and dies, the same system was used for those as well. Its a thin self adhesive foam and can be cut with thin metal dies. So once you have cut it out one side has a removable sticky side. Lay your foil colour side up on top of the sticky die cut and rub all over and gently pull off.

 
 
I used the teal foil, keep the waste foam I have used it for my other card I am posting tomorrow. The sentiment was typed on a computer and then printed off using a LASER printer....not an inkjet. If you don't have one of those just type out a whole A4 sheet of lots of sentiments on your computer, print off on your inkjet and take along with some cardstock to your local printer and they can do it for you. It doesn't cost much, just make sure you leave some spaces in-between so you can trim or die cut out.
 

 
I used the silver foil, again just lay a piece over the sentiment and run it through a foiling machine if you have one or a laminator. I find it helps putting it through with a carrier sheet , if you don't have one copy paper will do. Put it through folded side first so I doesn't get caught inside machine.
 
 
 I used my Presscut stitched rectangles die on white cardstock and matted onto some black card. Arrange three of the snowflakes across the card, I used a fine tip glue applicator to get a little PVA on back of snowflakes. I wanted to add something in the middle of the snowflakes so I made some white pearls using Creative Expressions White PVA glue. Put some drops onto a non stick mat and leave to dry, I usually do it night before and come back to it in morning. Using a pokey tool lift them off and apply to card with a little drop of glue.
 

 
 
 

 
 
Hope you like these techniques, back tomorrow with my second Christmas card.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...