Saturday 8 April 2017

Product of the month card

Good morning, hope you all have a lovely weekend planned. Todays card is the second one from my class last week using Wow Fab Foils.

 
The stamp set is from Honeydoo and is called a trio of flowers, I stamped the flower with versamagic pink grapefruit and then using a quickie glue pen I flicked the veins of the flower with the pen and waited until the glue turned from blue to clear. That's very important, it wont work if the glue is wet and not tacky. Once the glue is clear I laid pieces of copper foil over the top rubbed and pulled the foil off.
 
 
The leaves were stamped with versamark ink, then I threw bonding powder over the top. Heat with a heat gun and then whilst its still hot get the green foil on and rub. If you find you get an uneven effect I have found that running it through a die cutting machine helps to get even pressure over the image. The lattice is a die cut from one of Sue Wilsons lattice bows and I stuck some double sided adhesive to some lightweight card and run it through my machine. I took the top layer of adhesive off and then applied the copper foil. You must remember to have the copper side facing you or else it wont work. Finally, my flower centres are circle foam pads which we all have in our glue boxes, just attached to flowers, take the top off and rub some scraps of foil over and pull off. The sentiment stamp is from Woodware and is called just for you.
 
 Don't throw any scraps away, they can all be used. My other top tip for using with foil is keep a clean or new pair of scissors for foils, like you do ribbon. Any sticky stuff on scissors rips the foils and screws it up as you cut.
 
Hope you are enjoying seeing different uses with foils, back again soon with an anniversary cards using scraps of foil and glitter.....a gorgeous combo.
 
 
 

No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...