Monday 1 May 2017

Cone Flowers and Pixie Powders



This card uses the Woodware Cone flowers and it has been stamped onto watercolour card with a black pigment ink and then heat embossed with Wow clear embossing powder. This technique is great to use when you are going to colour with watercolour type mediums as it keeps the colour within the lines of your image. To colour I sprinkled a little Pixie Powder onto a palette and mixed in a few drops of water using a water brush. You can use an ordinary brush and a cup of water if you prefer. I used a fine tipped brush, its easier to get in the really small areas.



The mica in the Pixie Powders really comes through when its dried. I coloured a scrap of watercolour card with some of the purple powder and then stamped my sentiment from a Sweet Dixie set on the top. Finished off with a very simple mat of black card. The colour Pixie Powders I used were Purple Violet, Golden Mint, Mango Blaze, Sun Yellow, Bronze Blush.

No comments:

Brushed Blooms

I made this card quite a while ago with the stamps and dies from the Stampin Up Brushed Blooms set, that appears in the Jan/June 2021 mini b...